Pages

Sunday 27 November 2016

Main star homemade gift

This time for main star I had to make a homemade gift i decided to make candle holders, we used a honey jar and a sauce jar, green glitter, old book cover, glue and the candles. We had to use recycled materials and we defiantly did that. I made 2 candle holders (that where different styles) so that I could give them to two different people.
First we had to take the labels of the jars and then for the first one I did I stenciled snowflakes and stars onto the old book cover then I had to cut them out and put them on the jar and then that was the first one done, for the second one I stenciled stars and a Christmas tree that mum drew, and then cut them out and stuck them on then I put pva glue all over the jar and covered it with green glitter and then I had to let it dry before I could take the old book cover off so it had a stencil effect so when it dried I did that then lastly I had to melt the candle so I could put it in the jar I had to get help poring the melted candle in because it was really hot and then it had to set and then they where all done a now I can give them away to the people that I am going to give them to.


2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Heidi it's Summer here. Wow that is so cool I like how you made that out of old thing well done and it is a really cool gif to give to someone

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tena Koe Heidi
    Great Idea Heidi, I really like this gift it would look amazing with a candle or something like that in it!
    This reminded me of my art for my passion project which is kind of like a gift!
    Is this your favorite Mainstar?
    Ka Pai (Good work) From Jessie
    click on my profile name to visit my blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.