Pages

Tuesday 30 June 2015

Main star own chioce How my love for dance started

In 2012 I started dancing with foot steps dance studio I was 6 years old and did one class a week the class was basic ballet steps before some of the classes ended we played a game. It was with this class I got to perform as a group on stage for the first time as a dancer. At the end of 2012 foot steps closed and I started dancing with Debbie-Ann it was a grade class that had to sit exams in term 3 and term 1. We had 5 girls in my dance class. In term 2 after we had been working hard In class we meet Leisa and Ashlley they are from Springfield they gave us a team dance for 10 and under. Our 45 minute class on a Monday was for our exam work. Then we had a Friday class for group dance and weekends when Leisa or Ashlley came over. 4 weeks before exams I rolled my ankle I had to have physio and my ankle had to be strapped for every dance class and exams I still tried my hardest. For exams pre-grade 3 we got gold rosettes. At the end of term 3 was Grey Mouth dance comps we performed as a group we wore black and red and I new all 3 dance teachers were watching  me to see how I performed on stage as I wanted a solo.
The next year all my hard work paid off an I got my first solo in October from Leisa and Ashelly it was to girls just want to have fun I worked hard on my solo for a few months but in January 2014 Debbie-Ann retired and Leisa’s dad fell sick so I joined pink pulse dance studio but kept working on my solo ‘’girls just want to have fun’’ at home At pink pulse I did 1 and a half hour’s jazz class and a hour stretch flex class with Emma from (pink pulse). Emma gave me a solo with her called ‘’we got the world ‘’ I performed for the first time as a solo dancer in 2014 in Christchurch at the new Zealand dance awards at the end of 2014 I got two award’s  from both Emma at pink pulse an Leisa in Springfield for the hard work I had put in thought out the year over the charismas school holiday’s Dance still went on I did workshop classes with Ashelly winter. I’m still dancing just as much an working hard at my dances I’m also doing ballet next term I will sit ballet exams I love dance because it is fun and it makes me happy my story of dance is not over yet I do not plan on giving up any time soon.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Heidi,
    What a wonderful story about your love for dancing,if anyone has seen you on stage they would know how much you like dancing, as you always have a lovely smile,and each time you compete you get better, good luck for upcoming comps.
    Grandad

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Heidi
    We all know how much you love to dance and are so proud of you. This is a very nice peace of writing keep up the good work.
    From Marc

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for your positive, thoughtful, helpful comment.